2016年12月8日星期四

Research blog post #3

After my research, I have more interest about music than ever before. I found out that music is more interesting for me. From my point of view, music is something that I will hold on to it my whole life, and I will never stop playing the piano. I really enjoy it. A lot of people asked me that, did I feel boring or painful when I practice piano? Well, my answer is absolutely. Before you can play a whole song, you need to practice basic skills and divide the piece part by part, even sentence by sentence. You need to recognize the melody and each note on the sheet. It takes time and tons of patience, plus keep repeating and practicing. When it becomes a kind of muscle memory, then it means you have some progress already. I had some experiences about this process for more than 7 years and I am really willing to share this with other people. And also, during these years, I already listened to thousands of English songs from all kinds of style. I like pop, hip-hop, R&B, blues, even jazz. I like pieces from the classical period, but I also like EDM a lot. There is no boundary or limitation between them. And I kind of have some my own analysis and I divide them into categories. I want to share my collections and introduce some of the famous ones and invite people to listen together, and I will explain what does the song really want to express.
     So, I decide to do a concert event. And everyone in the campus can come and join, only if you listen to music. It doesn’t matter what kind of music you like; you can always find the right spot that fits you. The place I think will be inside the Voxman music building, and it will probably last for 3 to 4 days. I will host the event by myself, or with a partner. The thing I need will be a projector, a computer and a piano. I will play the piano for instrumental performance. I will play some famous piece from the classical period, like Chopin’s pieces, or Mozart’s pieces. And I will play some famous piece created in modern time. I will also play some popular songs that everyone should hear about before, like see you again, for example. These songs will be performed twice a day. Everyone who comes to this event can play the piano as well. They can share their own experience or their own favorite pieces. It is very welcome to do that, and I’m really looking forward to meet more master during this event, this is a great way to make new friends. We don’t need to come from same culture background or speak same language, I do believe that music can bring us together. I already some people that can play different instruments, I will invite them as well. If I have the chance to form a band then I will try to get it done before the event start.
     I have gone to two events before. The first one is held in Voxman, it is an opera, and I really enjoyed it. I think Voxman is a really good building and that’s why I want to try to hold my event inside the Voxman building. The environment and equipment in there are really nice and I can’t wait to do something on my own in there. The second event I went to is the German Iowan in Old Capitol museum. I really learned a lot about the German Iowan in the past, especially during the World War I and World War II period. Their living conditions and their contributions to this state and the whole country are the main things they talked about during the exhibit. And I realized that electronic devices are little bit better than the traditional posters. So I decide to use computers and projectors inside of the traditional printed poster boards. Plus, using computer is easier for me to do presentations. That’s what I learned from the past two events I went to. They provide experience about my own event. I will make right decisions.
     For another part of my event, I will play couple song lists, and all the songs in the lists are different styles. Some of them will be hip-hop, some will be pop, some will be R&B, some will be blues, some will be jazz. And people can browse the list and pick the song they want to listen as well. Each one of them will wear a headphone that has color on it. For example, when you listen to pop music, your headphone’s light will turn green, if you are listen to Blues, then it will turn into blue. Then you can find someone has the same color on their headphone, you can dance together, you can chat together, you share your opinions about the song, there are plenty of things you can do if you have the same interest. If you want to change the channel, there is a switch on the headphone, you can just change it and listen to totally different songs. My goal is to let people who come to this event to share their experience and opinions about music, and also listen to my presentations about music. We can talk and exchange thoughts, and this will bring people more interest about music and they should be able to know more about other kinds of music. They can even sing during the event, they can feel free to do that, and it is not a competition. It is just something they can share with others.

     All in all, I just hope that if I have chance I can hold this event, and I will invite my friends and people from everywhere to come to this event on campus and hopefully they will enjoy it and have fun with it. I hope you all can come to the event. 

没有评论:

发表评论